- PTA Meeting – December 6 – 6:00-8:00pm; will be making centerpieces to benefit St Francis of Assissi
- Foundation Year-End Ask campaign: we need to raise $72,000 this school year; donate now at www.allhandsraised.org/donate. A group of Buckman families has pledged to donate $9,000 if 70 families donate ANY amount.
- Don’t forget about Tuesday morning Scrip sales to benefit the PTA
- Buckman Book Fair is December 5-9. Volunteers are needed! C.W. Trisef will kick off the Book Fair on December 5 at 9:30 am to discuss his book, “Oracle,” with 3-5 graders.
- SUN will have online registration this month! Early registration (for anyone needing payment arrangements or student accommodations) will be the week of December 5 in the SUN office during open hours; normal registration will be the week of December 12 (online). Submit lottery forms by December 7; lottery classes will be announced December 9.
- Season of Sharing mittens are still avaiable; drop off unwrapped items with the mitten you selected by December 9.
This is a condensed form of the Buckman newsletter published on November 9. Our aim is to provide relevant information from the newsletter in a short format for families to quickly access information.
- Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ Day is November 28. Schedule is as follows:
9:15am – Scott, Godfrey, Ingraham, Lee, Vestal, Walker
10:15 am – Danielson, Miles/Crozier, Ekelof, Gifford, Berk, Clarkson
1:15 pm – Rudolph, Patterson, Rockness, Roberts, Ninchenko, Rudolph, Chorus
- Interested in being a Dines Out Coordinator? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Buckman by getting your hair cut at Rooks Barbershop. 20% of service goes to the Buckman Foundation
- Next Dines Out and Foundation Pub Night (together!) is November 26 at Migration Brewing
- 5th grade scarf sale during the Used Book Sale (in cafeteria during conferences)
- The Art Show & Sell is accepting applications for artists for this year’s show (March 11-12, 2017). More info here.
- Scholastic Book Fair is December 5-9. More information and volunteer sign-up is here. Author C.S. Tristef will visit on December 5.
- Family Literacy Night is November 15, 6:30 pm
Many of you know our teachers do amazing work, both inside the classroom and through the extra projects that they do for our school. All of our staff are involved in Committee work, and one of our Committees is focused on the area of student behavior. In our first Committee meeting in October, we realized that the expectations we have been using may not be the expectations that resonate with our staff now, or with our community. The members of the Behavior Committee created a very short survey to get feedback from their colleagues, and from you the families, so that we can build our behavior plan off of values that we collectively agree on. Please help our staff move this important work forward by taking a moment to share your priorities with us. You may access the survey here.
Buckman Elementary School