Join the Buckman PTA Executive Board!
- Do you have a love for Buckman?
- Do you have a few volunteer hours to offer each month?
- Do you want to help support the arts?
- Do you want to make sure our staff and teachers are appreciated?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are the perfect fit for one of our positions we are currently recruiting for:
- President-elect (shadow PTA President this year, acting PTA President next year)
- Treasurer-elect (shadow Treasurer this year)
- Vice President of Equity & Inclusion
We cannot guarantee our status as an arts focus school without a complete PTA board. If you’re able to help, please contact us!
All Buckman community members are invited to participate in PTA events, including monthly evening PTA meetings focused on school and community related discussions and coffee chats with the principal. We also host the annual Art Show and Sell, with local professional artists (and our own students) selling art and wares, visiting author events and other fundraising efforts.
The PTA engages the parent community to help in the classroom, support community projects, improve the school campus, organize donations for families in need, and fund raise for school supplies and events. It takes a village to make it happen, please reach out to us, and we’ll get you plugged in!
Membership makes a difference, and we have an annual membership goal each year. Annual Buckman PTA dues are $12 per individual. Dues support the Oregon PTA, which advocates for better education at state and federal levels and provides support to our local community thru special education support and clothing centers. Join here. Payment to the ‘Buckman PTA’ may also be left in the office PTA mailbox or mailed to the school.