Buckman doesn’t receive any additional funding from the district to support our unique arts curriculum. Rather, it’s thanks to the hard work of parent volunteers and the incredible generosity of families, businesses, teachers, and community members who volunteer and donate to the Buckman Foundation that we’ve been able to preserve Buckman’s arts team, keep the library fully staffed, and add staff to provide more support for individual students.
How can I get involved with the Foundation?
We’d love to meet you virtually! There are opportunities big and small to join the fundraising efforts at Buckman. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, ideas, and feedback or to learn more about getting involved.
How can I give to the Foundation?
Parents, families, and friends can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring contribution at https://fundforpps.org/donate-index-impact or checks made out to The Fund for PPS with Buckman in the memo line can be mailed or dropped off at the school (double check open hours).
How can I stay connected with Buckman?
- Konstella – This is an opt-in messaging system used by many staff members, the PTA, and the Foundation to communicate information about school happenings. Sign up for your account at https://www.konstella.com.
- Buckman Community Facebook Group – Request to join this informal community group, where parents, families, and staff ask questions and share feedback. https://www.facebook.com/groups/951435464869628
- Weekly Newsletter – The Buckman Foundation and other groups regularly contribute information to the school’s weekly newsletter, sent each week by Principal Seidel. If you are not receiving the school newsletter, check with administrators to be sure they have the correct email address on file.
- Buckmanelementary.org – This website! 🙂
Our Buckman volunteers make it all happen! There are opportunities to fit every availability and interest. You can work independently, with a buddy, or with a great group of people.
- Foundation Chair Mentee – Work side-by-side with the Foundation Chair and an amazing team of volunteers to plan Foundation activities and fundraisers.
- Auction Chair & Committee – The Buckman Auction may look different than in previous years, but we had a successful virtual auction last spring and plan to keep the fundraising going! We’ll need lots of volunteers to make the event go! We especially need assistance with procurement this year; reach out if you are interested.
- Dines Out Outreach – We love partnering with local restaurants for our ongoing Dines Out events, and need help contacting local businesses who would be interested in supporting Buckman through our program.
Email email@example.com with your questions, ideas, feedback and to learn more about volunteer opportunities.