The Buckman Elementary PTA and Foundation wish you a warm welcome to the a new school year! We’re excited to get the 2019-2020 school year underway and are looking forward to all the fun the back-to-school season brings!
Volunteers are already getting welcome packets in order, kids are picking up school supplies, and the Buckman staff are hard at work prepping for students’ arrival next week.
While you will soon receive a TON of information in your welcome packet, we want to be sure you have a few things on your radar as the school year kicks off! First, a quick list of resources for information:
- This website! This is a parent-run site that keeps the Buckman community informed on school events, fundraisers, and other updates. Of particular interest is the events calendar; subscribe to the feed (use the “Subscribe” link in the bottom-right corner of the calendar) to get Buckman updates to your calendar of choice.
- Two Facebook options: one is the Buckman Elementary Facebook page (also volunteer-run) which provides ongoing info about school happenings throughout the school year. The other is the Buckman Facebook Community Group. Request to join to interact with other Buckman families and community members.
- The official PPS Buckman Elementary page. This is a great resource for finding teacher contact information, school newsletter archives, and district information.
And second, a few upcoming events to get on your calendar:
- August 23 – Kindergarten Picnic – 5:00-7:00pm – Incoming Kindergarten families, welcome to Buckman! We are so excited to have you here at school. This picnic will be a chance to connect with other families, play, and learn more about Buckman. We look forward to seeing you on the lower playground!
- August 24 – Community Care Day – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Spruce up the school along side our new Principal, Teresa Seidel. Bring your gardening gloves and painting grubs and to get Buckman Elementary school looking great before school starts. Activities include: Touching up playground paint. Weeding. Pruning and triming bushes and trees. Planting. Picking up. Filling holes. Bring treats for the group! The is a kid freindly event with snacks, a bbq, and water on hand. Come when you want and stay as long as you like. More hands make for lighter work. Sign in the day of on the upper playground with PTA Treasurer Jeff Burns.
- September 6 – Back-to-School Picnic – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Join students, parents, and staff for the Annual beginning of the year picnic. This is a great opportunity to connect with friends, old and new as we kick off a new school year! Bring your picnic baskets, blanket, soccer balls, and best summer stories for an afternoon in the lower field. There will be food and ice cream for purchase from Aviv if you don’t feel like packing a picnic. We hope that you can make it!
- September 26 – Back-to-School Night – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Join fellow parents in your teachers classroom and learn what this year’s curriculum will look like.
Lots more heading your way soon. In the meantime, soak up those final rays of summer and get ready for a great school year.