BUCKMAN DINES OUT! Every Tuesday in March from 4pm-8pm at Sammich PDX! 10% of your tab benefits the Buckman Foundation. Good eats for a good cause! Sandwiches are made with the best ingredients and house-smoked meats, including what might possibly be the best pastrami in the nation, brined and made in-house. GF & veg options. Enjoy!
Join the Buckman community for an amazing month-long Dines Out! Every Monday – for the entire month of February – stop by Renata (626 SE Main St) and enjoy a delightful meal anytime from 5-9pm. Renata will generously donate 5% of every Monday evening’s proceeds to the Buckman Foundation! Reservations are strongly recommended at this popular Italian restaurant, and be sure to ask for a kids’ menu if you bring along your Buckman Bears!
Year-End Ask is on! This is Buckman annual campaign to ask members of the Buckman community to support our Foundation. This year, the Buckman Foundation aims to raise enough funds to continue to have a Therapeutic Intervention Coach position at Buckman again next year, a position fully-funded by the efforts of the Buckman Foundation and hundreds of members of the community who support it.
Good news: If 75 people give at any level before December 31, a group of Buckman families has pledged to give an additional $11,100 to Buckman! Make your gift today – no amount is too small!
Head out to Grand Central Bowl for an annual Buckman tradition: Bowl-A-Ween! Join other members of Buckman for bowling, raffles, costumes, and more on on Sunday, Oct 27 from 11-1pm where all the lanes will be reserved for Buckman! The sliding scale entry cost (Adults $15-$20 and kids $5-$10) includes shoe rental and food and drinks are available for purchase. All proceeds benefit the Foundation! Costumes highly encouraged.
The Buckman Elementary PTA and Foundation wish you a warm welcome to the a new school year! We’re excited to get the 2019-2020 school year underway and are looking forward to all the fun the back-to-school season brings!
Volunteers are already getting welcome packets in order, kids are picking up school supplies, and the Buckman staff are hard at work prepping for students’ arrival next week.
While you will soon receive a TON of information in your welcome packet, we want to be sure you have a few things on your radar as the school year kicks off! First, a quick list of resources for information:
- This website! This is a parent-run site that keeps the Buckman community informed on school events, fundraisers, and other updates. Of particular interest is the events calendar; subscribe to the feed (use the “Subscribe” link in the bottom-right corner of the calendar) to get Buckman updates to your calendar of choice.
- Two Facebook options: one is the Buckman Elementary Facebook page (also volunteer-run) which provides ongoing info about school happenings throughout the school year. The other is the Buckman Facebook Community Group. Request to join to interact with other Buckman families and community members.
- The official PPS Buckman Elementary page. This is a great resource for finding teacher contact information, school newsletter archives, and district information.
And second, a few upcoming events to get on your calendar:
- August 23 – Kindergarten Picnic – 5:00-7:00pm – Incoming Kindergarten families, welcome to Buckman! We are so excited to have you here at school. This picnic will be a chance to connect with other families, play, and learn more about Buckman. We look forward to seeing you on the lower playground!
- August 24 – Community Care Day – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Spruce up the school along side our new Principal, Teresa Seidel. Bring your gardening gloves and painting grubs and to get Buckman Elementary school looking great before school starts. Activities include: Touching up playground paint. Weeding. Pruning and triming bushes and trees. Planting. Picking up. Filling holes. Bring treats for the group! The is a kid freindly event with snacks, a bbq, and water on hand. Come when you want and stay as long as you like. More hands make for lighter work. Sign in the day of on the upper playground with PTA Treasurer Jeff Burns.
- September 6 – Back-to-School Picnic – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Join students, parents, and staff for the Annual beginning of the year picnic. This is a great opportunity to connect with friends, old and new as we kick off a new school year! Bring your picnic baskets, blanket, soccer balls, and best summer stories for an afternoon in the lower field. There will be food and ice cream for purchase from Aviv if you don’t feel like packing a picnic. We hope that you can make it!
- September 26 – Back-to-School Night – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Join fellow parents in your teachers classroom and learn what this year’s curriculum will look like.
Lots more heading your way soon. In the meantime, soak up those final rays of summer and get ready for a great school year.
Thank you to all who have bought tickets for the Buckman Auction! As the biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual auction is the Buckman community’s chance to ensure all students reach their full potential to “Be You at Buckman.”
The event will be held on May 18 at The Hinson. Doors open at 6pm.
If you haven’t yet purchased your tickets, grab them online today!
Not only does the auction raise critical funding for Buckman, it’s a lot of fun. Highlights include:
Silent Auction with everything from a mobile sauna delivered to your home for the day to priceless kids’ art.
Community Sign Up Parties featuring past favorites like Welding with Beer, Mama Bear Campout, and Grown Up Karaoke, plus sure-to-be new hits like Ladies’ Poker Night.
Restaurant, Theater, and Summer Camp “Buy it Now” boards.
Live Auction featuring a four night stay in the Eastern Sierras, front row seats to the Timbers, a night at The Nines hotel, Pickathon tickets, and more.
We hope to see you there!